We know that embolization occurs with all angioplasty and stenting procedures. It is usually hard to predict which ones will result in clinical sequalae. Despite knowing that embolization is ubiquitous, embolic protection devices are not used in all procedures as they add complexity, time, and cost. Dedicated devices do not exist for renal intervention, although the majority of physicians say they would use one if it existed.
Contego Medical’s family of embolic protection devices represent a paradigm shift in the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Key Concept: Filter-based Embolic Protection Integrated with Treatment
- CORGUARD® Coronary Stent System – Coronary Stent with Integrated Embolic Protection
- VANGUARD® Peripheral Dilation System – Peripheral Dilation Balloon with Integrated Embolic Protection
- PALADIN® Carotid Post-Dilation System – Carotid Post-Dilation Balloon with Integrated Embolic Protection
- Two Step Process
- Landing Zone
- Side Branches between Lesion and Filter are not protected
- Filter size cannot be adjusted
- Large Pore Size
- First filter-based EPD integrated with the treatment portion of the device
- First EPD with adjustable filter size resulting in excellent wall apposition in all vessel sizes. No more guessing!
- First filter-based device enabling treatment and embolic protection as aONE STEP PROCESS
- Very short landing zone allowing treatment in short arteries and in vessels
CAUTION: CORGUARD is in development and not available for sale, worldwide.
CAUTION: VANGUARD is in development and not available for sale, worldwide.
CAUTION: PALADIN is CE marked and available for sale in Europe. Not FDA approved and not available for sale or commercial use in the US.